Friday, May 21, 2004

Troubled Waters

Quick! Somebody build a bridge! Something isn't right! It appears that the day at the lake wasn't so perfect. Apparantly Adam was preoccupied with other things that day and it took away from his being able to have the pleasure and enjoyment that I did. Ever since then, something hasn't been right. He doesn't have that sparkle in his eye or the excitement that was so elating this time last week. He doesn't look at me the same way and the conversation has turned to small talk. I don't know what happened. Did I say something? Is he having second thoughts? His wounds from his divorce apparantly haven't healed all the way yet...perhaps this is too much too soon. I don't know what's going on. I need to find out. If I'm going to have my heart broken I'd rather it be now than later. I'm a grown up. I can handle it. I knew things were just "too good" to be true...I kept waiting for the bottom to fall out...maybe I am reading too much into this...maybe I'm not reading enough. Pray for us friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment