Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Annual Evaluation

My DM gave me my annual evaluation today. I am pleased with it and have identified areas I can improve in. Out of ten categories I exceeded expectations in six of them. My overall evaluation met expectations. When it came to the increase in pay part, I frowned and was obviously disappointed and my DM said "hey, nobody will get rich off of raises." He's got a point there!



I have a competent management staff in place now so I am looking forward to developing a sales machine within my store. Last year I had some staffing issues that left me doing most of the operational stuff in the store by myself. I had a good friend, who was a very successful business woman/manager, tell me that a good manager surrounds himself with good people. It's true. I think I have finally managed to do just that, so opportunities to succeed have really started opening up. I have a goal to become the number 1 store in the District!



Then I'll set my sights even higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment