Saturday, May 08, 2004

Today at Work...

A woman on her cellphone approached the counter with the CD she is going to buy. She places the CD at register #2, so my associate says to her I will help you down here as she is moving to her assigned register, register #1. The woman apparantly did not hear my associate direct her to a different register because she showed no response. My associate spoke a bit louder and said "I'll help you down here" and the woman very pointedly, seemingly irritated, said while holding her index finger in the air, "Okaaaay, just ONE MINUTE!" So my associate couldn't help but have a reaction to the way she was just rudely treated by the customer and said in a surprised and annoyed tone, "okaaaay". The woman was disgusted by my associates reaction and left the CD there on the counter telling us she can buy it elsewhere.



The woman proceded to go outside the front entrance of the mall and rant to my AM who was standing out there on a smoke break. My poor AM had NO CLUE what was going on and started to laugh at the woman as she went on and on about filing a complaint, blah blah blah, and all this stuff. I'm thinking that my AM laughing at her didn't help the situation.



I really am beginning to despise cellphones. The woman was too busy talking on the phone to even be at the checkout. I think that cellphone use is out of control. There are so many times where people aren't even paying attention to the cash they are handing me, or the change I hand them back because they are preoccupied with their telephone conversation. The gall of the woman to be upset with us....Soooooorrrrrry for interrupting your precious conversation!



I want a sign in my store that says "On a cellphone? No service!"

No comments:

Post a Comment