Monday, May 10, 2004

Broken Things

I hate broken things.



The kitchen cabinets do not like to stay closed.



The space-saver in Katie's clothes closet fell apart.



There is a hole in the door to the back hallway where Tiffany did a cartwheel and put the heel of her foot through it.



The doorbell won't work, a short in the wire or something.



Katie's dresser drawers have no tracks to rest on and therefore they will only fall out and do not shut properly.



The light in the attic stopped working. It's not the light bulb. We've replaced it twice with no results.



There is water damage in the bathroom from a leak prior to us moving in and now the linoleum is cracking where the floor has rotted a bit.



We've had our share of plumbing issues, ONE REALLY MAJOR ONE, and I hate plumbing issues. Thankfully, right now there are no problems with the plumbing.



While changing a lightbulb in Tif's room, I accidently broke the globe.



I hate the pink walls in this room. That's not broken, I just hate the color. It's gotta change soon. I have to get motivated to paint it.



The chairs at the kitchen table are weakening and keep coming apart. I have put them back together a few times, but there are looking seriously sad.



Katie's car door lock is broken because a kid one day decided to pick the lock with a stick.



Now, the Air Conditioning is out AGAIN. I have had people out 3 times in a year. The last guy was here two days ago and said the unit looked fine, filled it with freon, yet, I'm sitting here in a sweat. I called another company a month or so ago and wanted them to come out to do an assessment of the situation...should I repair or replace? Could they call me back to set up the appointment? NO! I'm planning on purchasing a unit, and they obviously don't want my business. Why is it I have such difficulty finding someone I can trust to repair this thing?



I hate broken things.

2 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    cash for cars gympie
    cash for cars ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    cash for cars brisbane
    cash for cars caboolture

    ReplyDelete