Friday, May 28, 2004

God Day II

Since I was so upset on Thursday, I wasn't able to blog about the awesome God day that Sue and I had on Wednesday. God spoke to me also through music and the book of John yesterday. Anyhow, here is what happened with our God day. I learned from John 6:35 that I need to do (And I will do) God's will. My heart must not hunger for the temporal things of this world. It must hunger and thirst for God. I then prayed for a starving hunger and parching thirst for my Father that only He can fill...as the deer pants for the water...



I then talked to God about how easily His children can get distracted from Him even by the gifts He gives us. We can even convince ourselves that we are not distracted! Sue observed that maybe that's why He withholds gifts sometimes. Sue also made an observation about John 6:21 "Then they willingly received Him into the boat and immediately the boat was at the land they were going". She observed that maybe the boat is a man's heart, or in my case, a woman's.



Then something amazing dawned on me. Jesus SAW GOD! I know...Jesus IS God. But, my point is that Jesus came to Earth having been WITH GOD! LIKE IN HIS FACE! EVERY DAY! No wonder He had such power over temptation! (See John 6:46.)Funny how things you know all of a sudden take on new meaning or it's like..."the light finally came on!" I heard it, I knew it but I really got it this time! I hope I am making sense.



I must feed on God through reading His Word!! John 6:63 says, "The words I speak to you are Spirit and they are life!!!" This is true! His Word IS life to me!



It's amazing how my God comes to me and reaches down to me when I am hurting! He has never failed me...never...not one time...EVER!





No comments:

Post a Comment