Sunday, May 23, 2004

In Awe

ACTS 2



42"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles"





God is really working in me. I can feel Him. It's been awhile, but He's there.



We shared the breaking of the bread at church today. Katie made sure I checked my heart. I love that she cares so much for me, even with her broken heart, she made sure I left my animosity and brewing bitterness at the feet of Jesus. What did I ever do to deserve the friendship in my sister that God has given me?



I was somewhat distracted during Chuck's message. While Chuck was teaching, I was only half paying attention. This is what I wrote on my program it's not permissable to call it a "bulletin" at Northbrook. LOL



I am distracted by the scene in front of me. Communion plates. Shiny, bright, clean, silver. Discarded white cloth in a clump strewn across the table. On three of the plates are partial loaves of bread. Broken bread. It's staring at me. I broke that bread. Sacrifice exemplified. A picture of Christ set before me today. Christ's broken body.



In Awe.



We should be in awe at the breaking of the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment