Monday, June 30, 2003

Where is Your Focus?

Last night I had the blessing of seeing a vision from God come to life. If you have visited the Sister's in Christ website, you may have read about God's Gift. I recently (like two minutes ago) realized that I left out what is probably the most important part of the testimony. I will have to add it later but for now I will just share. When I walked into the house I looked into the living room and I could see Bible study taking place. Every time I looked into that room, I saw the same vision. That is one of the main clues I had that this was the house that God wanted us to have. As we looked at other houses, I could not see the vision that I saw in this house. That was my key motivation for believing that we would end up here.



Our church decided to have a SaLT shake this summer where we would all stop meeting in the regular homes with the same group of people that we had been for some time now. In the effort to get us to meet more people and also to avoid the possibility of any cliques forming (this is a major goal in our church.......NO CLIQUES), they decided to have everybody living in the same area meet in their area. Our pastor's house was damaged in the recent severe weather that TN has experienced so his wife called and asked if we could host the SaLT meetings here! Hey, this is leading right into what my blog is about!



As we were closing in prayer last night, I felt a nudging of the Holy Spirit to open my eyes and see the vision God gave me come to life. I was and am blessed to the point of tears! I opened my eyes and saw a circle of about 13-15 men and women praying in one accord in the living room of the home that God gave us! I felt like God had just singled me out just to lavish His love on me in that moment. This moment wouldn't have happened if we had been meeting at Pastor's home last night. The point I'm trying to make is that we can't see the whole picture. God gave me a vision and I believed in it...in Him and that He gave it to me. I don't know if anything spectacular is going to happen because of our meetings here this summer, I only know He gave me His vision and I saw it take place here, last night because my Pastor's home is being remodeled. (Oh, and by the way, the tree falling on their house fell in a way that they are able to have some remodeling done that they've been wanting to do for some time. So this trial has turned out to be a blessing for them too!)



The point of my blog, "Where is Your Focus" comes from our discussion last night. We talked about how we focus on why bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. We discussed that we have a tendency on focusing on the bad things that happen like why a child has to die from Cancer, or why a Christian mother and her children struggle financially and emotionally after fleeing from an abusive man...or why that man has to be abusive...Why can't God just change his heart? We focus on the bad that God has allowed instead of all the things that may not have happened because God didn't allow it. The child who died could have lived longer and suffered more. The parents of that child may have found God's unending, intimate love for them and helped others through these difficult times. The mother of the children may be in prison due to actions taken during a moment of temporary insanity. She may be addicted to alcohol or drugs. One of the children may have been permanently scarred.



We live in a fallen world. From the beginning God has given us free will and since the fall of man bad things have been happening to "good" people. Personally, I see "bad" people as a product of bad things happening to "good" people. We all react differently and we all have a nature to sin. God never promised us a just world. What He has promised is that He will be with us through it all. What he has promised is eternal justice in the end for all believers...eternity with God. That is our hope as Christians. We should focus on the prize that comes at the end of this life and at the beginning of living. We should do our best to take as many with us by going into all the world and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If that is our focus, we will not only get through the hard times, but we will grow stronger and closer to the One who is with us through them....the one who died to save us. Where was His focus?

No comments:

Post a Comment