Saturday, June 21, 2003

What Are We Fighting For?

On the new Live CD, which I am really diggin', there is a song called "What Are We Fighting For?". It asks a good question about war and why there isn't peace in the world as it grows smaller (communications) and what will "you tell your daughter, What will I tell my son?" about why our generation was "devoid of love".



One of the verses, while I can see the writers viewpoint, I disagree with part of the statement:



The crucifix ain't no baseball bat

Tell me what kind of God is that?

Ain't nothing more godless than a war

So what are we fightin' for?




Ain't nothing more godless than a war? When I read the bible, I read about a lot of wars. Why did these wars exist? And why did God take sides in these wars? He removed evil through wars.



How can the world be free from evil without war? Granted, war is not fun, but sometimes it is necessary and just. So what are we fighting for? peace. justice.



When Jesus returns, there will be great war while the evil is removed. Why? Because evil will fight good. Eventually however, evil will acknowledge Good and realize that the war is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment