Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Daily Biscuit







Daily Biscuit



Take a bite of the Daily~Biscuit




1. Describe a good experience you have had in/with a local church.



2. Describe a not good experience you have had in/with a local church.






This is from last Friday, June 6 at Gooddogbaddog. I'm a little late, but who cares?



A good experience would be with my church. I've had so many. I have witnessed this church seek Jesus Christ and work very hard to seek God's will in decisions and in caring for each other. They have helped people financially and more importantly provide counselling to those who are suffering. I have seen this church love it's own, and others, and when it sees a need try to fulfill it. This church utilizes the gifts of each member and constantly seeks to glorify God and edify the body with the use of these special, spiritual gifts. I have seen this church make mistakes and fail, and learn from those mistakes. This church practices New Testament theology and challenges itself to live very biblically. I have seen members held accountable when necessary and I have seen people rejoice over spiritual triumphs. I think what I see as the best experience from this church is how it seeks to worship God with hearts, minds and souls. The church is always striving to reach out to others and share the love of Christ, and it is always teaching its membership and equipping it with tools to advance the Kingdom. I love my church!



A not so good experience? Oh...wow...it will be hard to answer this and not "murder". I will simply say that the negative experience boils down to a failure to love others as Christ loves the church, even if that involves accountability and discipline. Gossip kills.

No comments:

Post a Comment