Sunday, June 08, 2003

God is Faithful

Author:  Katie







Don't let anybody kid you into believing that God does not provide everything His children need. He never fails! He is faithful! Sometimes it seems he doesn't provide because it isn't what we expected. But, for me, He is always faithful!



This morning, I sat in bed thinking about my trip to the mall with my daughter. It has been a very long time since I have updated my wardrobe and I was looking for a matching shirt for my daughter and I to wear on our plane trip next week. For two days we have been shopping. Yesterday we went to the mall. We had lots of fun trying on all kinds of awesome clothes. Of course, most of it ended up back on the shelf until we decided on a shirt that came in both our sizes and it was something we could agree on.



I fell asleep last night and woke up this morning thinking about the clothes I had tried on. They were all so trendy. Tiffany kept saying either "Yuck, Mom! Old lady clothes!" or, "Oh Mom, that looks so good and you are in style!" She wanted me to buy the outfits as much as I wanted to but we have to be careful with what limited funds we have (story of my life). I was going into the depressed state of mind that I slip into every now and then when I get so sick of always being so needy. I was having a pity party because my wardrobe contains very little along the lines of feminine or pretty. T-shirts and shorts or jeans, and a couple of causal sweats. I own a few button down shirts but nothing with ruffles or lace. Nothing "pink" (not the color...the attitude) At the mall yesterday, for the first time in a very long time I actually felt "pretty" in a couple of those blouses.



I was already blessed this month because I recieved an unexpected check. I have been fighting a battle to collect child support that has not been paid at all this year. The process is very slow and I have been so stressed out and so broke. I was worrying about having money to take with me on my trip. Sue was too. Things weren't looking very promising. So, I prayed. I just asked God to provide. I didn't know how and I didn't know what. I only knew that I needed and I asked for His provision as He saw fit. It seems that in all of the record processing there was a child support check that was kept from me from two years ago. It was when things were so whacked in court and everybody overlooked it. I'll spare all the boring details of how it happened and move on to the other provision God made tonight.



A friend called and has been bugging me to accept money from her for a long time and I've been turning her down. She said that God has blessed her and it has been heavy on her heart and she really wants me to accept this help. I got discouraged. I told her I was sick of always taking and never giving. She was so encouraging. She told me that I give. She told me that I do so much for people and that I bring so much joy to their lives. She blessed my heart. So, I told her I would only accept the money if she would order cakes from me at no charge. She was thrilled since she's getting married in July. So, we are both helping each other. And........she has a couch that she's giving me to boot!



Tiffany told me she wanted matching shoes. She really kept pushing the issue. I think I'll take her shopping tomorrow. Jehovah Jireh.......God the Provider. I am blessed.



"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matt 6:28-33)



Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment