Wednesday, June 25, 2003

The Fleming Fine Furniture Futon Fiasco

Well, the headlines in the Jackson Sun today brought to mind my experience with the futons that I bought from Fleming Fine Furniture.



I never shot anyone over it, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to.



When I first moved into this house 2 years ago, I decided to get 2 futons. I went to Fleming Fine Furniture in Jackson. It has since gone out of business and for the life of me I can't figure out why?



I shopped a couple of furniture stores and decided on 2 identical futons from FFF. I purchased them and they were delivered a couple of days later. Problem #1 - only one of the futons were what I purchased. The other was a different style. I called to let them know they gave me the wrong one and I was told they would send the right one out. No problem.



So a day or two later a new replacement futon arrives. Problem #2, it's the wrong one again! I call FFF again and talk to my sales person. She assures me that they will get the right futon out this time.



Katie calls me at work when they try to deliver it. Problem #3 This time they didn't even bring a futon! They brought a bunk bed! I called my sales person once again, although this time I was getting quite perturbed by the incompetence. The sales lady laughed! IT WASN'T FUNNY! They had $1000 from me and I still did not have what I wanted! She gave me the number to the warehouse manager so I could verify with him that I was going to be getting the correct futon. I couldn't understand why SHE wasn't calling the warehouse. She was the customer service person! OR NOT!



Problem #4, they were out of the futon I wanted. It would be awhile. Problem #5, when it came time to deliver it again it was the wrong futon again! I immediately called and demanded a refund...TODAY!



I went shopping at Accents who happened to have a great sale on futons. The sale was going to end the following day so I needed to make my purchase right then. I didn't know how long the refund was going to take to credit my card from FFF, so I called. Problem #6 They told me it would post on such and such day, but it ended up taking longer than that and I ended up with an overdraft charge! (Why is it they take the $ immediately, but it takes longer to get it back?)



Accents delivered the futons, which are of even better quality, to my house without a problem. Set them up and they have been here ever since. See how simple that was?

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuationAll the best for all your blogging efforts.
    Thanks:
    mebel jepara
    kursi tamu jati
    meja makan minimalis
    tempat tidur jati
    kursi makan jati
    lemari pakaian jati

    rak tv minimalis
    sofa tamu minimalis
    furniture murah
    gebyok jati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuationAll the best for all your blogging efforts.

    the kartolewo
    mebel jepara
    mebel jati jepara
    1936memoriahistorica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks but I think this blog is more of an historical relic at this point LOL. I still enjoy visiting and reading through it from time to time however. Lots of great memories.

    ReplyDelete