Monday, June 02, 2003

Chewing Ice






I hate when a fork scrapes along a ceramic plate. EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK! Oh, my teeth hurt! I cringe! I can't deal! Since this is such a problem for me I am very careful about the placement of eating utensils on my plate and how I use them. Others, I have learned, don't even notice things like that. Kids are especially bad about it, they cut back and forth and scrape, unhindered, the food up from their plate. (That is when they actually use utensils)



So the other day Katie accidently scraped her fork on her plate. I immediately reacted, rather involuntarily, to that...that...that....sound. I grit my teeth and cringe and try not to think about it. It's like fingernails on the chalkboard kind of thing for me. Anyway, she thought it was funny and preceded to stab her plate and intentionally force a sccrrrraaaaaaaaaapppe! OUCH!



Well, I know my friend and sometimes there's nothing better than a little taste of her own medicine. I promptly, yet secretively, went to the freezer to get ice...(for my drink?). I walked over to her and made sure she saw what I was about to do so I waited for her to start talking to me. As soon as she looked my direction, I did it. I bit down on that ice cube like I was biting down on a piece of watermelon. Katie can't stand that!!!!!!!!! LOLOL She hates when I chew ice...like when I eat popsicles! LOL



So it began...while I chewed ice rather aggressively, she scraped her plate with a vengence. We both started cracking up hysterically. We are whacked!

No comments:

Post a Comment