Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I Just Found Out About Love






"I just found out about love and I like it! and I like it! I like what love has been doing to me!" to quote a verse from a favorite song of mine by Diane Schurr with the Count Basie Orchestra.



I remember before becoming a Christian having believers share with me all about God's love. I was told that God loves me so much. That He longs to be with me. That He created me to be with Him. That His greatest desire is for me to love Him. That He sent Jesus, His One and Only Son, to earth to take all my sin and that it would die with Him on the Cross. I was made alive by all this love He so graciously lavished on me. It was awe inspiring to discover such unconditional Love! He loved me so much that it was not possible for Him to love me less! It was not possible for Him to love me more than He does! Woooohoooooo!!!! I was loved so much by the Creator of the Universe that He even counts the hairs on my head...He knows everything about me and chooses to love me! Wow! Such Love!



Sometimes I forget about all that love. Do you? Sometimes I need to be reminded about all that love. Do you?



Life has a tendency to drain the energy right out of me. Life is hard. Sometimes I forget to remember God's love for me. I put Him on the "back burner". I neglect my time with Him. I drift. Not far, but far enough.



Have you noticed that fellow believers, although well-intentioned, also forget to remind each other how much God loves them. I have noticed that before someone becomes a Christian, they are witnessed to and told about God's love...after becoming a believer, we are often told that "it's not God who moved...it's you." I know this...but, just like a child longs to hear "I love you so much" from a parent, I sometimes need to have other believers tell me "He loves you so much". Don't tell me that it's me who moved, I know this. Remind me again how much God loves me and wants to hold me close to His heart. Tell me about how He lavishes His love on me every day and even as I sleep. Share with me how He created all the stars in the heavens, but that I am the star in His eye.



A plea to all believers everywhere...encourage your brothers and sisters. Share with them today about how much God loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment