Monday, June 16, 2003

Tragedy






Well, it's happened. The first tragedy since "the mom" went on vacation. There I was putting a clean workshirt into the dryer to fluff and dewrinkle. There was a smell in the room. It was not a good smell. It smelled dead. I wondered for a minute if it could be a crispy, dead squirrel. Nah...it wasn't a "dead" smell, it was a smell I've smelled before. It was a "wet" smell. Like when the carpet in my room would get soaked everytime it rained before I had that repaired.



Yes, it was a wet, mildewy smell. I looked around the laundry room trying to determine what it was and then I thought "oh no, is there something in the washer?". I haven't done any laundry yet, and Katie and the kids left on Saturday. She last did laundry on Friday night. It's Monday now. It's been more than two days. So I slowly opened the washer and peeked in. Yep! There it was! Clothes. Rotting.



Without "the mom" I am unsure what to do. I can't very well dry them in this condition so I think I should wash them again. So, I put in the detergent and fired up the washer again. I'm running them through a second time right now in hopes that there will be no mildewy remnants of an odor left when I put them in the dryer. I have no clue what to do if this doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment