Sunday, June 29, 2003

National Do Not Call Registry

Ok, so I filed my numbers with the National Do Not Call Registry. I found a list that tells me all about who can still call me.



Apparantly I can still receive calls from:



  • long-distance phone companies


  • airlines


  • banks and credit unions


  • the business of insurance, to the extent that it is regulated by state law




  • Also I've learned that:



    "Many telemarketing calls are placed by professional telemarketing companies, and even if the company whose goods or services are being sold is exempt, the telemarketing company may be covered.



    You may still receive calls from political organizations, charities, telephone surveyors or companies with which you have an existing business relationship."



    I currently have an unlisted number. I have kept an unlisted number for over ten years and it has significantly decreased the number of telemarketing calls. The only calls I remember getting are calls from all those wonderful organizations listed above. Makes me wonder what good the "Do Not Call Registry" will achieve above and beyond my unlisted number?



    I can't wait for heaven. Unlimited internet access at the speed of light and no telemarketers! God will employ those saints elsewhere I'm sure.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment