Friday, July 04, 2003

Prayer

Over at Insights, Megan offers her thoughts on prayer. I posted this comment below and though it worthy of posting here as well:



God is always on my mind, as I'm driving in traffic and see and accident, drive by the house of a friend or acquaintance, browsing through pictures, etc., things will come to mind and I can offer up prayers for certain people or myself at any time. This is the kind of praying that I believe the bible teaches about ALWAYS being in prayer.



Then there is the inimate, deep down, and all out abandoned prayer. Prayer that comes from a broken spirit and an open heart. It is this kind of praying that gets lost in the hustle and bustle of our days.



I equate it like conversations with a good friend. You might see a certain friend almost daily and you can joke around, share what's going on in life, and just small talk. But, every now and then, you and your friend have a "heart to heart" talk. The kind of talk that makes you lose track of time. The kind of talk that you don't want to end because it feels so good to empty yourself out. It is this kind of intimate prayer time that I sometimes lack. This is the kind of prayer time that all Christians should seek to make time for, but like that intimate talk with a friend...it isn't always something you can plan for.

No comments:

Post a Comment