Friday, July 04, 2003

Celebrating Independence and Freedom

What better way to celebrate on the 4th than with the framily? including our church family! We were over at the ball park to watch the Diamond Jaxx play (and lose...bummer) and afterward we were treated to some fireworks. It was a great show. Fireworks exploding and coloring the night sky with sparks and brilliant lights, with background music provided by Neil Diamond (America), John Phillip Sousa (pick a march, most any march), God Bless America and of course the Lee Greenwood "Proud to Be an American" and a few other ditties thrown in like "Born in the USA" from The Boss.



It was a grand affair and it all brought a tear to my eye as I realized that I am so very ignorant of what it is like to be oppressed. I have no clue how it feels to not be able to own a home, or a car...in fact anything. I can't fathom not being allowed to worship my God in any church I please. I am blessed that I do not know what it is like to not have freedom.



I realize that I am free and that really struck a chord in me tonight. I am so blessed to live in a country that is founded on freedom and it works very hard to keep things this way. America may have her problems, but in the end, it is a great country to be born into.



Baseball, hotdogs, fireworks, Sousa and rock n' roll....WOW! What an Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment