Thursday, July 24, 2003

Grace and Blessings

God. I just don't understand God. My behavior today warranted no blessings.



This morning was one of those mornings that just make you want to scream at the top of your lungs like a wild banshee woman in the Amazon. Simple things were made difficult. I spent half the morning picking up stuff that I dropped. Finding papers I lost that I just had in my hand. Running to answer the phone and nobody was there. That kind of morning that was irritating the last nerve that I am surviving on at work these days.



Then, it was time to move the new DVD displayer out onto the sales floor. It's never a fun thing to do because it comes prepacked and when it is opened, inevitably a few DVD's fall out and I'll have to pick those up, but it doesn't really matter since I need to price them all anyway. It's a time consuming inconvenience. The display annoys me because it just seems like it should be easier to deal with than it is. So, I braced to pull the sleeve off from around the display. The display is pretty much a square tower and holds four DVDs to a row, with 5 rows stacked on top of one another. The other side holds the DVD's the same way. When this display is shipped, it has a cardboard "sleeve" wrapped around it to encase it, so all I need to do is lift the sleeve off and there is the display!



Things wouldn't be that simple today. Noooooo sirreee! I lifted the sleeve off and KABOOM! All the DVDs piled out onto the floor. I was NOT pleased! NOT IN THE LEAST! I pulled the remaining cardboard sleeve off and angrily threw it across the backroom and I WAS TICKED! It was not a pretty site! It was the last straw this morning and I really don't have time for that kind of stuff! I kept looking at the pile of DVD's everywhere, cardboard pieces strewn about, (because of the tantrum I threw! *I am now hanging my head in shame. Thank goodness I was alone this morning because it was before the store opened) and CURSING THE FOOL WHO SHIPPED THE DISPLAY UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Needless I say! Needless! I don't need to be wasting my time picking up all that stuff because some ignoramus shipped it incorrectly! DUH! Oh, I was livid!



Part of my stress stems from the fact that I am very understaffed at work and today was one of my employee's last day. She was a new member of my management staff who was catching on very well and helping to relieve some of my workload. Her leaving for another, better opportunity, it is not a good thing. My assistant is rather weak right now because he is inexperienced and though he tries VERY hard, he is not taking up much of my load yet. In two weeks, my other keyholder is taking a 15 day vacation and THAT HURTS! I have been trying to find good help and hire for my management staff, but wasn't having much success.



Then God blessed me. Even after my tantrum this morning. He does that sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment