Saturday, July 19, 2003

Finally Gave Up

I finally gave up. I decided that I just couldn't continue in the "Falling in Love with Jesus" study by Dee Brestin and Kathy Troccoli. It was too corny. It had a cheese factor of 10 (out of 10)! Dee Brestin has some interesting stories to share in her videos, and I enjoyed most of that, but the book part of the study just was out of this world. I found myself just forging through the study to be prepared for class, but that is dumb. I wasn't getting much out of it and actually started disliking doing it. Not healthy. So, I am putting that down in favor of other things.



Well, I am still enjoying my Bioethics class and the study on "Finding the Will of God". I received some new books in the mail today that I am looking forward to going through. Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life" was recommended to me by a few people so I may dig into that first. I also got Beth Moore's "Jesus, the One and Only" book which supplements the study that I did last summer.



I am building quite a bible reference library and today added "The Complete Book of Bible Answers" by Ron Rhodes and the ultimate (so it is called) A to Z resource "Where to Find It in the Bible" by Ken Anderson. I also got "God Will Make a Way" by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend, and a tiny little devotional type book by Charles Stanley "God is in Control". Katie also was given a gift from a brother in Christ at church, "Kingdom Ethics", a book co-authored by Dave Gushee who has been instrumental in the ongoing recovery of Katie from a life of mental abuse and dysfunction.



Wow. Reading back over this post lets me see how ambitious I am! I wonder when I'll get through all of these books? or if I will! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment