Thursday, July 31, 2003

I Am the Most Blessed!

Okay, so when will they erect a statue in my honor? LOL. Oh brother! Susan makes me out to be some kind of saint! She deserves better than what I am able to do for her. What I do comes natural. It's like she said.......a mom thing. It's just what I do. Doing Sue's laundry and cooking meals seems small compared to what she does for me. I KNOW God put her in my life. I'm always telling people that I am super blessed because I not only got to meet my guardian angel in the flesh, but I get to live with her too! [(A message to Susan)...."I am the most blessed!" Ha!] LOL.



If you've been to the Sisters' website, you probably know a little about our testimony as friends. It truly is a God thing. When I left my marriage of 11 years, I had no place to go and I don't think I would have come this far if God hadn't put us together. I don't know of anybody in the world that would have been more perfect for God to put in our lives (the kids' and mine) than Susan. This awesome friend of mine has been blessed with the gift of giving. She is so unselfish when it comes time to spend her money. She could buy a new 'puter, cd's, clothes, a dvd player, movies, and who knows what else. She sacrifices alot of her personal wants and needs to see that my children and I have our needs met.......as well as our wants.



I am so grateful to God for Sue because she has made herself available to be used by Him and through that my cup of blessings overflows. She truly believes that I need to be in school. Because of that, and the recent lack of child support, I must confess that I contribute very little in the area of expenses. She carries my financial burden as well as her own.......and with such grace. I can't believe how she cares for my family.......she has no obligation to us. She not only provides for us financially so that I can go to school, but she also shares her heart with us. She loves my kids as if they belong to her (even with their new trend of hormonal imbalances that sometimes causes them to lash out irrationally)!



If she were here right now she would simply say, "I have an obligation to God." She feels like this is a calling God has on her life. I feel like God placed her in my life because she is the tool that He is using to fulfill His purpose in both of us. I also think it's cool that our differences compliment each other. I do feel like sometimes she takes on more than she should. Like when she thought I needed a crown for a bad tooth (it was literally falling apart kinda like in my teeth dream) more than she needed a crown for her new root canal (which she STILL hasn't gotten YET!). She wants to do more than God asks of her and gets upset when she doesn't have the ability. I have to keep reminding her that God will provide as He sees fit to. We have a testimony at our website called "God's Gift". Our house is a gift to both of us from God but she is an even greater gift...to my family. God has provided more than I have time or space to write. He will continue to provide because I am confident of this, that he who began a good work in [us] will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Phil. 1:6). I don't know why He's doing all of this. I only know that he must be very serious about His plan for each of us. I am excited to see what will come of it all!



I don't know what I ever did to have been blessed by God so big with my friend, Susan. But grateful is a small word compared to how I feel about her being a part of our lives. God has truly revealed Himself to me through people like Susan and others who have been tools in His hands throughout my life......especially the past few years. I don't tell Susan often enough how much I appreciate all she does for us. I am truly undeserving....God's grace truly is sufficient. Thank you God for blessing me and for deeming me worthy through the death and ressurection of Your one and only begotten Son.



"For God so loved the world that he sent His one and only begotten son that whosoever (me) believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).



"Believe in the Lord, Jesus Christ and you will be saved..." (Acts 16:31).



No comments:

Post a Comment