Wednesday, July 30, 2003

My Best Friend

My best friend takes good care of me. I do not know what I ever did right to have been blessed by God so big with my friend Katie. She's a mom. A super mom! She's got that "mom" thing going on that makes her want to take care of everyone that is around her, and I am enjoying that gifting!



She does so much for me. She asks for nothing in return. I dont' really ask her to do the things she does for me, she just does. She makes wonderful meals for me, and I really appreciate it a lot because I am a very picky eater. She often goes out of her way to make a meal that I will not only eat, but enjoy. She made a great breakfast for me this morning. We usually go out for breakfast on Wednesdays, but money is a bit tight, so we didn't do that today.



She did the laundry today...including mine. :-) Not only did she wash and dry it, she folded it and put it on my dresser for me to put away. That was way out of her way to do and it took a lot of time and energy. I don't know where she finds the energy!



She is vacuuming right now. She is like the energizer bunny! I really don't get what makes mom's tick? I don't think God gave me that gene or whatever it is that keeps a mom go go going! This might explain why I am not the mom!



I am so blessed. God has put we two people together for this season of our lives. I am sometimes amazed that with our very obvious differences, our friendship works. It is totally a God thing. We always say that if we had met in person first, we probably would not have become friends and God knew it, so he connected us over the Internet!



I am not always the most fun person to be around. Sometimes I can be, but I haven't been lately. Katie continues to put up with me and loves me with a Godly love that just doesn't condemn. She is nice. That's sounds so cliche', but it is true. Katie is a kind and compassionate woman and uses her gifts to take care of this framily. I feel so inadequate at times, so undeserving of such a friend. I am thankful to God that he gave me time with Katie and her kids. God is using them to grow me in ways that I didn't know I needed growing. It is all for a reason and I anticiapte discovering what it is all for.



Each night Katie and I read the bible together. We sometimes keep each other awake long enough to get through it! LOL But, many times, we discuss what we are reading and learn together. It can be such a fun time of worship and learning. I love my dear friend and I am forever grateful to God that he saw fit to put us two together, at least for now.



God shows me that he loves me through my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment