Thursday, July 10, 2003

Boredom

I am so bored. There is nothing to do. Actually, there are some things to do, but I'm so bored I don't even want to do them. I could write some reviews for Crimson Light. I'm overdue for some, but I don't feel like thinking that much. I could do my Kathy Troccoli/Dee Brestin "Falling in Love with Jesus" study, but it's got such a high "cheese factor" I'm not too motivated to start into that at the moment. I could read a few of the books I've started into, but again, that would require brain stimulation. Gee, I am not at work. It is a day I have longed for. A day off and I am sitting here wasting it doing nothing.



It feels good to do nothing. I do so much thinking and working at my job these days, I need to relax my brain and my body, namely my feet since I am usually standing on them 8-10 hours a day.



I really want to go to the movies, but I'm watching the budget. So, I've been surfing this afternoon. I've been visiting a lot of sites I find from Geoblog. It's pretty cool to be able to watch people posting in pretty close to "real time" all over the world and even in your own "neighborhood". If you haven't checked it out, do it and sign up over at GeoUrl in order that you get "listed" as well. It just requires a bit of code added to the template of your blog to determine your longitude/latitude, but it's very easy to do. It's interesting!



Oh yay, some fun. The phone is ringing. Gwen left me a message for Katie who is at the doctor right now. Nothing serious, just her monthly shot in the butt. LOL (I'm not sure if she'll appreciate me sharing that! LOL)



Oh yay, some email just came in from Mom. She is excited because she just sent out her first email on her new CABLE service provider. Yay! Mom's got a high speed connection now! Woohooo! She'll love it!



Oh, life is getting interesting now! I'm IMing with a friend from Iowa. Deleana is online! YAY! Something fun...and cheap! Talking to a friend! She's going to the Central Iowa Fair which got me remembering Elephant Ears. YUMMY!

What? You never heard of Elephant Ears? It's fried dough. Really big and spread out, shaped like, you guessed it! An Elephant Ear! Sprinkled with your choice of powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar. It's a very low fat, low carb snack. NOT! I am not able to find them at fairs here in TN, so I'm wondering if it's a midwest thing?



Now for the next exciting thing on my agenda...walking to the fridge to grab and ice cold Coke. Ahhh...



No comments:

Post a Comment