Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Digital Quilt

Rachel at cre8d design journal - reflections from a 25 year old kiwi has yet another scathingly brilliant idea. She is creating a beautiful digital quilt and there is an open invitation for everyone to join in! I'm joining in. Here is my contribution.



Woohoo!




It wasn't hard to come up with my square. My square is the "Woo". The Woo? Yes, the Woo!



The Woo "symbol" may not be original to me, but it does have a history with me. It is celebratory! It is joyful! It is also a reminder of how fulfilling it is to walk with God.



I chose a purple/royal blue background because it represents royalty. Jesus is my King! I also chose it because purple is a very nice color and one of my favorites, and it is bold so it stands out. Jesus is responsible for the many relationships I have developed since coming to know him, and this would also include those established online. (Including my friendship with Katie which started online from a few states away!) Upon my salvation, I frequently raised my arms in praise, which is reflected in the Woo. To this day I will celebrate a "victory" by shouting "Woohooo!", raising my arms to the heavens, and thus came the "Woo".



I often would sign my emails using the \o/ and so it sort of became a "signature" of mine. When I was trying to determine what might be a good "icon" for me, and the Sisters' Weblog, I racked my brain, then suddenly it hit me...the Woo! Duh! It's so me! So, I designed it!



It's a simple symbol, but it says a great deal!



Go add your own square to the digital quilt, I say the bigger the better! Here's what it looks like so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment