Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Daily Biscuit (in the morning)

From: The Daily Biscuit at Gooddogbaddog.



***



Describe your faith as a time of day.



Example: My faith is the morning. OR My faith is like the afternoon.



Now, talk about why your faith is or is like _________________ time of day.



***



My faith is like the morning. When my faith was brand new I would awaken each day with anticipation. My eyes would open and colors, I noticed, were brighter. A big contrast to the darkness of the night. There was a certain excitement about the day that was laid out before me. Looking out from the window I would see blue skies, even if they were cloudy and rainy, and immediately a smile would form on my face and I would thank God for this day and His mercies that shone in through the window. I would sit up in bed and be so happy that God's Grace found me. I was in love and I knew it and I savored every moment.



My faith over the past few years has grown. I still awaken each day with anticipation of what God will do in my life today. Some of the "newness" of my love has worn off, but I am still so in love with Jesus. I am reassured daily that He loves me, and that His Grace still falls over me. Each day there is a kid that wants to hug me. I have a best friend who makes me laugh and loves me despite all my faults. I have a good job (although these days it has been rather demanding) and I am respected by my crew. I was given a wonderful Church that teaches me more than I can take in about the wonders of God. It loves me and helps me grow even closer to my Father in Heaven. I am so very blessed and each day brings something new to my growth in the Lord. Everyday He finds a way to use me.



My faith is like the morning...renewed daily. Maybe it's those biscuits though?!

No comments:

Post a Comment