Sunday, May 04, 2003

What Would You Do?

Author:  Susan L. Prince

I've blogged about my experiences working in retail before and now I am curious as to how I should have handled a certain situation recently. I'd also be curious to know how other's may have dealt with it and what maybe Jesus himself would have done.

I was in the process of replacing an outdated poster in the easel at the front entrance of the store. The poster is approximately 2 foot X 3 foot. It is not overly huge. As I was removing the old poster I had laid the new poster on the floor next to me. Yes, I was at the front enterance but the poster was next to me and there was plenty of space on either side that customers entering would see it and be able to easily walk around it.

Here is what happened. While taking out the old poster two women came into the store behind me. I turned to my right as they walked in and right across my poster. Both of them did this, as if it weren't even there. The first woman caught the corner of the poster and didn't even seem to notice. The woman behind her walked across and managed to crease the corner that the first woman had folded upwards with her step. I stood there stunned, amazed at the total disregard for that poster, the store and me, as they marched on in.

How would you react to this? As a Christian, what would an appropriate response to this be?

No comments:

Post a Comment