Saturday, May 31, 2003

Missionary




I am not a missionary. Well, some would say that I am, but my mission field is my home and my place of work. I am not a missionary that travels to the far reaches of the earth cutting my way through the jungles of Borneo (or tropical rainforest -- only 2 levels of vegetation right? Flashback to my southeast asia college course...AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!) or to the frozen tundra of the north pole region. I just received an email from one of my SaLT group leaders whose daughter Laurel does all of those things. She is an AMAZING young woman and is currently profiled on the North American Mission Board website.

Missionary Spotlight on Laurel Burrough

I've had the privelege of meeting this young woman after her mission trip in Southeast Asia ended and before she ended up in the Great White North. Laurel is a great instrument of God and is an inspiration to me, and I'm sure to many. I know her mom is so proud of the Godly woman her daughter has become and I attribute a lot of that to the parenting that Tommye, her mother, and her father did. It's weird to introduce Tommye and Mike, her husband, to people. LOL

Remember to pray for missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment