Friday, May 16, 2003

A Praise

Author:  Susan L. Prince

About two months ago I receive this email from a former co-worker:

I am writing you this because I know you would want to know about this. I got a call from Brad the other day, he told me he had gone to the doctor for an exam relating to his problems with acid reflux. When the doctors were inserting a probe into his esophagus they found a tumor. They have since found out that the tumor is cancerous and that he also has cancer in his lymph nodes as well as his liver. The cancer is a stage four cancer which is the most advanced. He is going to recieve radiation and chemotherapy but as far as I can tell it does not look good. I just found this out yesterday and am still in shock. Now might be a good time to pray for him because he is going to need a miracle to walk away from this one. Don't know what else to say...

Well, my friend came to the right place! Prayer has power! I don't use it enough...but when the weapon is big sometimes you don't need too "trigger" happy! Brad is a non-believer, or at least was the last I knew. I worked as his assistant and tried to be a good witness for Christ. At the time I left he was seeking, but only "skimming" the surface. I don't think he has ever gone farther than that.

I have been trying without success to contact Brad by phone. Unfortunately he never has his cell phone on and that's the only number I have for him. I finally did get his home number and plan on calling today.

Here's an email I received yesterday from the same person, who is a non-believer by the way, about the situation:

Sorry, So much has been going on I haven't even been checking my email. I talked to Brad last week and he said that it was the first day he felt like himself in awhile. They had his dosage to high and it was really messing him up. There is good news however, the numbers they check from his liver were actually down into the normal range. I was pretty surprised by that so maybe all the praying you are doing is working.

Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment