Monday, May 05, 2003

Night of the Twisters

Author:  Susan L. Prince

Last night we watched the storms until 1:30 am. That was after they hit to our north and to our south. It was scary. Downtown Jackson on the south side was hit bad. 14 dead in Madison county is what the reports are but since the newpaper building was damaged, no paper until late today. It is being printed out a Union University because of the damage at the Jackson Sun. News is sketchy.

I am thankful that the storms apparantly missed us. Part of the shed out back blew off, but it doesn't appear to be anything that can't be repaired. Tornados hit in our county, north of here. We did get the kids in our "tornado shelter", the designated place in the house that we go during storms. It gets so scary during the wind and rain.

Today I am thankful I was protected and I am praying for those affected by these storms. Looks like the threat for severe weather will continue for most of the week.

Wonder if the mall is open today? I will have a day off if not. It seems kind of weird to be open for business on days like today, but the "wheels of commerce must continue to turn." It does seem that sometimes people who run retail businesses, for example the mall, won't close if there is money to be made. I would close, but I'm not in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment