Sunday, May 04, 2003

What I Did

Author:  Susan L. Prince

I asked What Would You Do? earlier and now I will tell you what I did.

I watched in amazement as the two women trampled over the poster. I was silent. I was disgusted by their total lack of respect. These women weren't blind. They were physically able to walk around the poster. They totally disregarded the fact that it was a poster about to be displayed and walked right over the top of it. They creased the corner and didn't even seem to notice any of it. They could not NOT notice it!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS A BRIGHT GREEN POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They turned to face me and asked if we had the new Ginuwine CD. It was at this moment that the two women noticed that something was disturbing me. I'm sure the ire showed on my face. With pursed lips, and biting my lip and I just couldn't look them in the eye. I said rather sternly, extremely short, and labored through my somewhat clenched teeth, "yes...I believe we have that CD". I walked to go get it with a puzzled sort of smart-alec, I-can't-believe-they-did-that look on my face and I overheard the one lady say "wow, she's in a bad mood today!" and both of them walked out of my store.

I was glad they were gone. Sorry I lost a sale, but glad they were gone. I didn't need their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment