Sunday, August 10, 2003

Wooohoooooooooooooo!

YEAH! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh yeah, Uh huh! TONIGHT WAS AWESOME! WE ROCKED! WE RAAAAAAAAAWKED! We kicked it! Woooooohoooooooooooo!!! THIS IS WHY I AM A MUSICIAN!!!!!!!!!!!



We just gelled. Only a musician can understand this. It happened to me before, in 1989 on a tour with the University Jazz Ensemble. It's something electric. It's energy and everyone "gets" it. The whole ensemble just hits every note, every rhythm, and then there is the extra something special that defies description. Something else happens and the ensemble "feels" it. It's magic. It's music. It's AWESOME!



When you play that well and hit the last note right on target, it makes me pump my fists with a "yeah! Nailed it!" Man! It's so cool!



I was thinking on the way home, in between all the celebrating I was doing in the jeep, in my solitude, that this must be what heaven is like. When every moment is "right on". Each moment is electric, and energized! Woooohooooo!! Joy abounds and all is well. I imagine working in heaven, like the work I've put into this show, but then with all the work and effort, comes the payoff! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!! and WHAT A PAYOFF TODAY! WE JAMMED!



I wish I could find the right words to describe this feeling! It's so frustrating. I keep thinking someone that reads this blog, that has no clue what it is like to play in a band or any type of ensemble, will think I am nuts...OH! Hey! It's a similar feeling in sports!



Many people participate in sports, or have at one time or another. It's that feeling when the team is just playing so well together that you are almost invincible. Not cocky and invincible, CONFIDENT and invincible. All the right plays are called and executed perfectly. There is that energy and electricity in the air that everyone feels and the game comes alive. It's not just a "good game" it is that one game....THE game that you won't ever forget how it felt to play in. THAT WAS MY NIGHT TONIGHT!



Wooooooooohooooooooooooooo!! I LOVE MUSIC! I praise God for giving me this talent and opportunity to use it tonight. I am so blessed! He even gave me a glimpse of heaven tonight! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!



I don't want to go to bed! I just want to celebrate! (But it's getting lonely since everyone else is gone for the night!)



No comments:

Post a Comment