Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Quote of the Day

The Quote of the Day, as posted on ABC.com, concerning the Episcopal Church's recent decision, really summed up my thoughts.



Unfortunately, as Ganns pointed out in the comments, the quote changed. That explains why it is called "Today's Quote", and since it is tomorrow today, the quote I linked to changed. :-( Bummer.



I can not remember the quote verbatim, but to paraphrase, it was from another bishop in the Episcopal Church that opposed Robinson's appointment. He said that the fact that he (Robinson) is living outside the bounds of holy matrimony goes agains the tradition of the church and teaching of Holy Scripture. He asked God to have mercy.



Drat! It was such an awesome quote too! If anyone can find that thing, I'd love to see it again. I wish abc.com had a "Today's Quote" archive. That would be too simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment