Thursday, August 07, 2003

The Squeaky Podium

The podium was fixed for the performance tonight...almost. About halfway through the first act the sqeak returned, and with a vengeance this time! Oh man it was bad...it wasn't so bad when the orchestra was playing a pretty loud piece, but when a soft ballad was being sung, oh wow...it was bad. Just imagine a really rhythmic loud squeak to every single beat. It was distracting, but it almost made me giggle! LOL



During intermission a guy came down with some power tools and 2x4s and fixed it. I think it is fixed this time for good. It sure was a nuisance.



Oh man my chops are hurtin'! I don't know how my lips are gonna make it through 4 more shows...2 on Saturday! Ugh! I think they are swelling! I need to ice my lips! I could have sworn that after the last note tonight they were bleeding! LOL



The performance was sold out and it went very well. All is well. Except for my lips.



No comments:

Post a Comment