Friday, August 29, 2003

Cactus Legs and Belly Laughs

A couple days ago, my son decided to snuggle up to me while watching t.v. Suddenly he commented, "Ewwwwwww, Mom, you should shave! Your legs feel like a cactus!"



So, the next morning, fearing that I would no longer get snuggled by my son (and since there are three females in the house to share shower time with and my time was very limited), I very irresponsibly decided that a quick, careless shave was in order. Well, needless to say.......I no longer have cactus legs....... I now have skinless shin and no achilles heel on my right leg (okay, I am exaggerating). As a result, the time I "saved" by shaving "quickly" in the shower was lost as I tried to stop the profuse bleeding after I got out of the shower (razor cuts bleed terribly). It wasn't long before a knock on the door was accompanied by a very patient voice as Sue asked, "Are you about finished in there?"



At this point, I was dealing with the three inch cut down the front of my shin, I hadn't noticed the cut on my heel yet. I told Sue that I had cut myself shaving and was trying to stop the bleeding. I said "It's pretty bad." It was at this time that I noticed that there was this stinging sensation coming from the area of my achilles heel. I looked back to find blood running down my foot, on to the floor (actually the heel cuts weren't that bad, just two messy knicks). I whined loudly in agony from the other side of the door, "I look like I took a shower with Freddy Kruuuuger!"



Sue lost it! She started laughing this hard belly laugh and continued laughing the entire time she took her shower, finished her shower, dried off, and got dressed! When she finally calmed down, she was yelling from the bathroom, "My stomach hurts!" I'm glad that my involuntary removal of multiple layers of skin provided Sue with such great entertainment. She really does have a bizarre sense of humor. I'm just glad I could hear her laugh so hard for so long. That was fun.



This morning, taking a shower was a new experience for me. Before entering the shower I inspected carefully to make sure there were no characters from horror movies anywhere in the vicinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment