Saturday, August 23, 2003

Music, Friends and Backyard Burgers

Well, it's over and man was it fun! and HOT! Very hot summer night, and very muggy. At one point while I was playing my glasses started to fog up! That was NOT cool at all!



I really enjoyed tonight. There were so many people from church there supporting me and some who just happened to be in attendence. The Symphony usually expects crowds of about 6,000 people for The Starlight Symphony that traditionally features the 1812 Overture, complete with canons! Woo! It was LOUD! and fun! The morning paper even has a short article on the event.



One of my new employees on my management staff asked me to stop by the store on my way to rehearsal. Paul gave me a nice summer bouqet of flowers, with a very nice, encouraging card. Awwwwwwwww. I was so blessed by that thought. He wished me good luck at the symphony and called me "Jackson's best trumpet player and manager!" I don't think that is entirely true, but it still made me smile. :-)



I played fairly well, despite my technical difficulties during Stars and Stripes. What "pops" concert is complete without Sousa? Well, for some whacked reason my third valve slide kept sliding! When I didn't need it to! It was sliding without me moving it! I'm gonna have to check into that! I was playing and all of a sudden, any time I used my third valve I thought I was playing in the wrong key! But, ,while I was thinking "what the?" and looked at my horn...my slide was out! It was making me play any note that uses the third valve about a half step flat! That is not a good thing in the key of E! Well, that was my only major mishap of the night and it was caught before any major damage was done.



On the way home I decided I wanted a Backyard Burger. It has been awhile since I feasted on a good burg. Katie was like "ummmmmmmm, we are almost home. Now you want to turn around and drive the 20 minutes back to Jackson to get a burger?" I said "Yep! I'm spontaneous!" She said "Well, drop Tiffany off because she has to clean her room before she goes to Marie's tomorrow." I said "I'm not gonna drop Tif off and then go out to eat!" Katie said "Fine, but it is your fault her room won't get clean!" So, I turned around when we were a mile from home and drove back for a Backyard Burger. Yum! It was good.



Justin bought a rubber ball from one of the vending machines and managed to bounce it and it proceeded to bounce into the kitchen! LOL They couldn't find it...it might be someone's "surprise" in the next burger they send out! LOL



I enjoyed tonight. Good music on a nice, albeit HOT, night. Friends and framily and even a spontaneous event to top it off! Wooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!! God has given us so much life to live!



Music! Friends! and Backyard Burgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment