Friday, August 08, 2003

Friday Five

Katie answers the Friday Five...(forgot to sign in under MY name...duh!)



1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country? I took the kids to visit my father's side of the family in Massachusetts in June. This was our first time there in five years.



2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?
Well, when I was moving Sue here, she had a bad cold. When we were almost home, I stopped for a potty break. I tried to wake Sue up but I couldn't. So I began to panic because I thought she was dead. I can't remember how I found out she was alive. I think I just shook her really hard and yelled. But, I may have just checked to see if she was breathing. I was really freaking out because my mind got carried away imagining what I was going to say to her parents and how I was going to deal with it all. (I was really worn out from all the driving and it was late.)



3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go? I would love to go to Hawaii but if time and money were no object, why stop there? Why not just take a cruise to see the world?



4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
I love to fly!!!!!!



5. What's the next place on your list to visit? I know what Sue will say to this one. I don't know where my next place to visit will be but I hope it will be in Vermont for a horse drawn sleigh ride in the snow just before Christmas. I would love to stay at a bed and breakfast type place while I'm there. However, that is not likely. In reality, I hope to travel just a few cities over to Memphis to visit the Salvation Army's House of Hope for women. It's a Christian run recovery/rehabilitation center for women who are victims of abuse and addiction. I want to learn how to help women to recover and rebuild from abusive/dysfunctional living. That is why I'm back in school after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment