Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Pomp and Circumstance

Four years ago I came to live in TN. I was following God's will for my life even though I really had no clue what it was. (I still don't!) I took things step by step.



What I found here was a friend. I was given a wonderful friend in Katie and she was such a different person then, oh she has come out of her cocoon! She is a butterfly!



Four years ago I met up with a broken woman. She was beaten down from years of emotional abuse. The abuse came in many forms from neglect, to verbal poundings. Her spirit was defeated and she had nothing. Nothing at all but her love for God.



She clung to Him. She held on tight when her world was crushing in on her. Her days were filled with tears and struggle. It was difficult for her to even rise from her bed in the morning.



Then God led her out of that Valley. He is continuing to lead her to the Promised Land and invited me along for part of the journey.



Amazing what God can do with a life in only four years.



Today Katie has taken on so much. She is fully devoted to her children and runs herself ragged making sure that they make it to soccer practice and games. She's got Justin in junior high band and running him to and fro different events.



She herself dives into whatever she can do at church, from singing on the praise team to watching babies in the nursery. On occasion she also helps out with the Welcome Table on Sunday mornings. She is always so vibrant and full of life!



She has also involved herself in the WRAP program in Jackson. This is a program that is committed to helping people who have fallen into some type of abuse in a relationship. She has learned so much from the program and has also been able to share what she has learned over the years with others. Her dream is to be able to help women who have suffered through years of abuse as she has. She wants to be involved somehow in a type of women's ministry that can share the love of God with those who don't know what real love is. She is an absolutely amazing women.



She has recently taken up a business venture with Avon in order to help pay for her kids to attend a Christian school. She has made the top 20 seller list in just her first few weeks of selling and she has also managed to recruit some others. She is always improving and already working her way up the ladder.



On top of all of this, Katie is graduating from college this Saturday . She has earned an associates degree in ... oh, I forget...let me go ask. LOLOL Katie fell asleep on the couch. I woke her up so she can go to bed and asked her "What is your degree?" She said "98.6 I hope." LOLOL Then she looked at me like I was crazy for asking such a bizarre question! Well, after she came to enough to be lucid, I coaxed her by saying "you earned an associates degree in..." and she finally filled in the blank "Social Sciences". So, she is on her way to the next step, which is I have no clue! The point is, God is working in her life and she is clay in His hands. I can't wait to see what He will turn her into!



So, Katie has come a long way. She will soon be a college graduate at 35 years of age, and by the way she's the first in her family to go to college, and earning a degree is more of a plus! I'M SO PROUD OF HER! She's a new woman! OHHHHHHHHH, and she will be graduating with honors after earning straight A's in her last semester! Wooohooooo!



KATIE I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! God bless you as you move into yet another adventure with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment