Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Is He a Christian?

Yesterday a woman who has become a frequent customer of late was in my store. My associate had helped her and there was a bit of an issue when I arrived to begin my shift. The woman was quite pleased to see me come in, because she knew I was going to be able to resolve the issue.



I resolved the problem and she was very appreciative. She obviously enjoys the assistance I have provided for her when she came into my store on previous occasions, and was again happy with the result. Then she asked me "are you married"?



I said "no"? She asked if I wanted to be. I said "no, I'm pretty content in my single life". She was disappointed because, as she went on to say, she is trying to find someone for her son-in-law. She went on to say "he is a farmer and very good looking."



I asked "Is he a Christian?"



She was put back by my question and really didn't know how to answer. She stumbled and said "I don't know, I think so, he goes to church." Then she asked me "what church?" so I said "I don't care what church, just as long as he's a Christian". She asked what I meant by that?



I said "I mean born-again, saved by the blood Christian!"



She said "he's a fine Christian man." (I almost believed that. Her response was a little to hesitant to have me believe that her son-in-law is a full fledged Christian with a real faith, rather than a said faith. I would tend to think that if he were indeed a Christian, it would have been obvious to her and she wouldn't have had to fish for words when I asked the question.)



She continued "I'm trying to find him a wife. His wife cheated on him and now he's trying to get custody of his five year old daughter." I said "ok.......nooooooooooooooo, no kids for me! No sir! Noooooooooooo!"



Another exciting day at my little store in Jackson, TN.



**UPDATE**



Terminal Man wants to know if I think he is a Christian. I've commented at his site, c'mon and join the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment