Thursday, April 29, 2004

My New Favorite Song

My new favorite song is called "It's Like Me" by Kutless. By the way, this is a great, very well-polished album from these guys. I really liked their first and now this sophomore album is even better. Check out the tunes by clicking on the audio player. "It's Like Me" is the last track listed.



From the first verse:



And we talk of God but still I don't share

So many times that I just never saw the chance





From the next verse:



The phone rings with news that he's gone





That scares me. Missed opportunities to share the love of Christ and then a phone call like that.



The chorus of the song repeats:



It's like me to never see

When it came, when it went

Now it's gone away





In the song, the writer shared the gospel just in time, so when the phone rang, it wasn't too late. It made me think about the missed opportunities I've had. The song has helped me to open my eyes and for "it"...so I don't miss "it" when it comes.



Full lyrics can be found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment