Saturday, September 13, 2003

Where Are the Elfs?

"Where are the elfs?" she asked. I said "elves?" She responded "yeah." I again asked "you are looking for the elves?" implying that I might need a bit more information from her.



She said "yeah, that guy (my associate on duty) said that it'd be in order, but where are the elfs?" I wasn't understanding this girl. I went to the "E" section in rap and asked "is it a rap artist?" and she told me it was. I looked through the "E" section and I said "I am unfamiliar with the elves" She said "ELFS!" She seemed upset that I used the plural pronunciation of elf.



I thought maybe I'm hearing her wrong and asked her if she was looking for the "L's" possibly? She said "ELFS, as in Frayser Boy!".



Hmpf! All this time she wanted the "F" section because she was looking for the artist Frayser Boy.



So, there you have it...ELF = "F". I wonder sometimes how these people communicate enough to open checking accounts, have a respectable job, or simply have an intelligent conversation. It's obvious to me that hooked on phonics did not work for her! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment