Wednesday, September 10, 2003

The Cows Came Home

The cow boxes arrived. I changed over my DSL modem, plugged her in and...nothing. As I expected. Not compatible.



I wouldn't be that upset except that I had tried to avoid this. I contacted my ISP last week to see about my current modem and how it would work and I was reassured all will be well. It's not well!



Turns out after switching my internal modem and it didn't work, I talked to 2 techs before I got the REAL answer. Your modem is in no way compatible with Windows XP and we no longer carry that type of modem or support it. You will need to upgrade. I figured that was coming. I wasn't happy because I tried all along to be prepared. So, now I need to buy a new modem to run with XP.



I can't stand dial-up and in order to use my new Cowbox computer I need to. So, I'm blogger with my new monitor, new mouse and new keyboard hooked up through my old pc. My new pc sits there looking at me, waiting patiently. I just don't think I could do a whole week of dial up.



Hey, I just noticed some nice new features on Blogger....Upload file...spell check...draft....cool. Wonder when that happened? Must have been all the while I was installing, uninstalling, reinstalling and removing modems.



No comments:

Post a Comment