Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Last Day Home

Well, this was it, my last day home here in Ohio. I leave early in the am. I will make a short stop in Columbus to visit my sister and her new baby one last time before hitting the road.



I have so much enjoyed spending time with my family. I am so blessed. Dad showed off his new toy, a widescreen tv and entertainment system with surround sound. His glowing over this and I must say I can understand why! had nice conversation with Gram and Mom and Dad over lunch today. My parents and I went to a movie yesterday, and enjoyed that even though it was freeeezzzzzzing in the theatre! It was set for a full crowd I'm sure, but the air duct was blowing very cold air on us. I mean blowing! Like Isabell! Well, maybe not exactly like Isabell, but my hair was blowing and my shirt was ruffling in the brisk moving air. Brrrrrrrrrr We had to move and that helped a little, but it did distract a bit from the flick.



Today I went back to school. I visited my former teaching colleagues at Keystone Middle School where I taught in the early '90's. It was so fun to see everyone again. I spent most of the time with my friend Trakas who is the vocal teacher there. She and I were a great team and really grew close my last couple of years at the school. I miss her. She told me that she and some other people were reminiscing last week about the "good ol' days" and that my name came up! I said "Coooool! I'm remembered when people talk about the good old days!" That is really neat to me!



Then I went to visit my friend Deb. She was very instrumental in my coming to know Christ. She and I are forever bonded because of it too. We talked about how she can't go back to Keystone (we both used to teach there) and is curious as to why I can. I tell her our circumstances are different and I go back just to say "hey". We never talk anything deep, just small talk you know? I told her that the commonality that I once had with those people is gone so our conversation runs dry quickly. With Deb it is different because she is a sister in Christ. We have a commonality there. It is like that with most brothers and sisters in the Lord. It's kind of cool that way how Christians naturally share a bond with other Christians, that bond is God. Jesus Christ. Even if I meet someone new in the grocery store, if I find out that person is a Christian, it seems like an automatic connection...our commonality is defined by eternity.



Deb and I talked a lot and talked a lot about many different things. Sometimes I wish I could record our conversations so I could play them back and remember it all! We went to Bob Evans (I always need to eat there when I come back home because of the dinner rolls. Hot and Steamy, freshly baked yeast rolls! YUM!) and then we headed up to the lake. We walked along the beach and found a pier to sit on and watch the sun set. It was a clear sky, no clouds at all and the sun was a brilliant red ball setting on the lake. It happens quickly and I could actually see the movement of the sun going down (I know its the earth that's moving!). I watched as it inched closer and closer to the lakes surface at the horizon. Then there was just the tippy top of the red ball left, then a sliver, then "poof", it was gone. I actually saw the sun slip beneath the horizon. I hadn't witnessed that before! It was AWESOME! I've seen it set behind trees and hills, but never have I actually seen the sun set and fall away behind the horizon. Wow.



Deb pointed out that the sun we are watching is the very same sun that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob saw. They looked at the very same moon. The very same sun and moon! I think that is cool! Not a different moon, but the very, exact same moon. Not a changed moon, but the exact same moon! Amazing!



Well, I need to get to bed because I am off early in the morning! I'll be blogging from TN next time! wooooohooooooooooo! As nice as it is to come back and visit Ohio, it is just as nice to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment