Sunday, September 21, 2003

I Hate When My Friend Hurts

She cried last night. Real tears. Tears of frustration. Tears of pain. Anger was surfacing as she called out to the Healer and asked him why? Why? WHY? "God, why don't you heal my head? Why do you let my head hurt non-stop?". She tried ice. She tried heat. She tried compression. Nothing stopped the pain. The constant pain of her migraine.



I hate when my friend hurts and there is nothing I can do. Nothing. While her brain is about to explode, I can do nothing. I see her suffer and can do nothing. She said "I just want this to end. I want to die. I can't take this pain day after day after day after day."



Why does God allow us to suffer? I never even know what to say to her.



She doesn't want migraine to "run her life" so she forges on ahead. Studying for school. Reading her Bible. Raising her kids. Taking care of the house and a few minutes ago she arose to bake a cake. Yes, bake a cake. She says "it's nothing." The last thing I think to do with a minor headache is bake a cake! She's a mom. Mom's don't stop. It's as though they can't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment