Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Home

I made it home. Home to my parents place in Medina. I left my sandals at my sister's, so I will be stopping by there on my way past Columbus Thursday when I head back to TN.



I had a very productive day. I had some quality time with my sister Connie and also some time to talk with my other sister Dawn. It's very nice that they are both living in Columbus now. I miss them. I wish sometimes we didn't live so far apart.



My niece Pilar is soooooooo cute! She just lays around being beautiful all day. What a life. She's only about 6 weeks old so the majority of her day is made up of sleeping, eating, oozing, or as Connie puts it "there's no oozing here...it's explosive!" LOL After one round, Pilar is up for another of sleeping, eating, exploding and then back to sleeping again.



I was facinated watching her. She is learning to control her muscles. Her eyes still can't focus without a lot of effort on her part and though she can see the octopuss dangling above her, she can't always focus and has trouble grasping at it. Most of the time it doesn't really interest her, but now and then she would flail her arms about and hit it. I kept thinking about how with every motion she was "fine tuning" some of her neurons and her senses. Her brain was making new connections as she explored her very limited world at this point.



It kind of represented to me my Christian walk. As a new Christian I was fascinated with all the new possibilities in life that surrounded me. As I have grown, and continue to grow in my faith, I try new things and "fine tune" my faith. With each step I am learning to trust in Him more and my path actually starts to narrow. Just as Pilar will one day be able to reach up and grab that octopuss without even thinking about it, I want to be able to be obediant without even thinking about it. I want my path to be that narrow, so narrow that I don't think about grabbing the stuffed horse, or the star, only the octopuss. I don't want my arms to have to flail about and search for the Light...I see it and I want to touch it. I want to reach out my hand and grab His.

No comments:

Post a Comment