Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Black Holes are a B-flat

Revelation 19:6 "Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: 'Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns."



At rehearsal last night the professor told us something very interesting. He told us that he heard about a scientific discovery that said that black holes are pitched at a B-flat. As trumpet players we all reveled in that for awhile. LOL (trumpets, at least the widely used trumpet, are pitched in Bb)



I decided to investigate further and found information in an article called "Black Hole Strikes Deepest Musical Note Ever Heard". In that article I learned that Black Holes can produce many different notes, depending on the gases that are swirling all about. I also learned that the earth hums as well.



This all got me pondering about that half-hour of silence in heaven that is written about in Revelation 8:1 "When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour." I wonder if even the the black holes will be silent.



Obviously humans can not hear black holes because their pitch is 57 octaves below our hearing range. Just imagine all of the sound out there that we can't hear. Wow. It's amazing! I started thinking about all that God does hear! It bloggles the mind!



Then I thought about that "rushing" sound spoken of in Revelation 19:6 and imagined all that silence suddenly interrupted by all the sound in the heavens and earth returning. I wondered if when we meet God face to face, if we too, will hear the hum of the universe. If that "rush" is an extra-sensory perception that we will suddenly gain. What a ponderable.

No comments:

Post a Comment