Monday, September 08, 2003

Evangelism - Invite Someone to Church

Inviting someone to church is easy. Here's what happened at dinner tonight.



The waitress asked if we needed anything else. Katie said "yes! DRUGS!" and the waitress gasped and reacted with body language that said "okkaaaaaay? What's wrong with these people?". I quickly pointed out that Katie has migraine and that's what she was meaning by her somewhat "humorous" response. LOL



The waitress breathed a sigh of relief and commented that she too had a migraine over the weekend. Katie said "I was down all day yesterday and I hated it because I hate missing church. I love church!"



The waitress replied "I miss church too. I need to find one. I haven't been to church in forever".



"Well, try ours!"



So we told her where it was and why we love it so much. She was obviously turned off by past experiences because she saw the "christians" at church on Sunday and in the bars on Saturday. (I was wondering why she saw them at the bars? and at church? but I didn't ask! LOL)



I said "Our church holds people accountable. It's not easy, but it's one of the reasons I love my church. It tackles the hard things."



I don't know if we will ever see her again, or if she actually will visit Northbrook, but she was invited and it wasn't "pushy" at all. It was simply controlling the conversation.



Katie always says "people always talk about their love life. When people are in love, that's what they talk about! That's why it's so easy for me to talk about God. I'm in love with Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment