Friday, September 05, 2003

Retreat

YAY! Tonight is my first night away from work, home and other stuff to simply focus on God things in over a year! I need this and I have been looking very forward to this retreat.



Forty-one women from church are going and that's a good number considering we probably have maybe one hundred or so adult women members/regular attenders at the church. That's a good participation percentage, so it's nice to see.



I was asked to share my testimony with the group this weekend. When Ann, the Ministry to Women leader at our church, asked me to share, I told her I had already shared once. She didn't remember hearing my story about two years ago when I talked to the entire church. I asked her what she would like me to talk about and she said "you're deliverance from prostitution and drug addiction" and we both laughed because that is NOT my story by far! LOL I said "my testimony is boring" and she said she wants to hear it! So.....



As I was preparing it once again for a public forum, a whole new approach came to me. God reminded me that even my "own" testimony is not about me. It is not about me at all. My life is not what is so exciting...my life is boring, my testimony is boring...but it is what God did that is exciting! It is God that makes my testimony exciting! It is God that makes your testimony exciting! So, my "theme" is: It is God that makes a testimony exciting!



So, instead of saying the "Once I was lost, now I am found" testimony, I am going to share the details of how God revealed himself. How for years beforehand He used people in my life to plant seeds. I will share how I was locked out of my house which led to my first read through of the gospel of John. I will share about the phone call I made to church only to hang up with someone answered, but then met up with the person I couldn't bring myself to talk to at lunch later that day. I will share the small miracles and share how exciting it is when God calls one to Himself. I will not have enough time to share what He has done in my life since that time, but maybe that will be for another retreat on another day.



I'm so excited to go hear what God is doing in the lives of the other women! I can't wait to get there. There will most likely be lots of laughing and possibly some tears. There will be new bonds of friendship weaved and possibly even new revelations about our heavenly Father. I am anticipating that God will do some awesome things this weekend and I look forward to sharing all about it later! Woooooohoooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment