Wednesday, September 24, 2003

I Just About Had a Heart Attack!

*sigh* Deep breath...I've been emailing myself all day. Since I got my new Cowbox computer I've had to transfer over some files from the old to the new. Since my old pc was a basic floppy-drive only pc, some programs/files/folders I had on there were too big to save to floppy and move over here. I don't have a networking card in the old pc so I couldn't do a simple transfer from the old pc to Cowbox. (That would have been way too simple!) So, I decided to email myself all the programs and files that I wanted from the old pc. That was fun and not good for an impatient person like me! (Thank goodness for DSL!)



Well, I did it and then tried to get my website files in order but then I hit the dreaded ftp upload button and BAM! My blog archive files are gone! WHEN I REALIZED THIS I ABOUT DIED! For the bloggers' out there, you know how a year or so of posts gone in an instant can stab you through the heart! I about had a heart attack! DEFIB! CPR! CALL 911!!!!!!!! I had that "panic" feeling whoosh over me and through me and I lost my breath for a moment. I regained composure when I thought They'll be at blogger, don't panic.



So, I checked and my new archive files were intact, I simply republished, but MY OLD ARCHIVE FILES ARE GONE GONE GONE! I NEED A NITRO! I FREAKED OUT! (As I blog about it I'm getting that feeling of doom again!) So, my brain shifts into overdrive because I refuse to believe all hope is lost. My first eight months of blogging just vanished into thin air. I don't have back up copies...(that may change after this episode!). Then I had one last thought as I scrambled for a solution. They are still on the server duh. The only thing I published over top of was the archive link page. So, next I went to a place I can trust.



Google! GOOGLE!



I love Google.



Google is my new best friend.



I swiped the source file from the cache that Google had for my archive link page and viola'!



Whew.



All is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment