Thursday, May 11, 2006

Saving Myself For Marriage

Justin, Katie's teen, is a fan of M*A*S*H and will often quote lines from his favorite character, Hawkeye. Yesterday, he shared with me a conversation he had with a friend at school.

Amy was talking with Justin and misunderstood something he said, so she asked him "What did you say?"

"Nuttin'"

"No, what did you say" (thinking she had to have misheard him) she then inquired, "did you just cuss at me? It sounded like you just cussed at me."

Justin said "NO! I never cuss! I'm saving myself for marriage."

Justin gives credit for the line to Hawkeye, from M*A*S*H who uses it frequently in conversations with Frank who is usually needing a favor of him. Funny stuff.

(and Justin doesn't cuss...he must have read my post "What is it With Foul Language These Days?")

No comments:

Post a Comment