Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm Picky

A man IM'd me today and it seems obvious to me that this dude is desperately looking for "love". I respond to IMs with extreme caution, or I just don't respond at all. I first note the users nickname, because I won't respond to nicks like "iwantokillyou666" or "cheapsex4u". This guy had a profile on Yahoo! that I observed before determining I could probably chat a bit before Katie and I left for the park to do our Bible study.

His IM nick indicated he was a military man, and on his profile he said "I love church!" and "I need to find a cool chick!" Well, I'm not a "chick", (although I am "cool"! LOL) but the "I love church!" part intrigued me so I answered his IM. The following was edited only for continuity and his nick was changed for obvious reasons.

Man who needs a "cool chick": Hi

Man who needs a "cool chick": How you doing there

susanlprince: I'm fine thanks

susanlprince: Getting ready to go to the park.

Man who needs a "cool chick": Ohh

Man who needs a "cool chick": Am michael and you

susanlprince: Sue

Man who needs a "cool chick": SIngle here and you

susanlprince: I am single as well

susanlprince: I'm assuming you are a military man?

Man who needs a "cool chick": Yes

Man who needs a "cool chick": And what you do forliving ?

susanlprince: manage a retail store

susanlprince: sell Cds and DVDs

Man who needs a "cool chick": Good

Man who needs a "cool chick": Do you have kids?

susanlprince: No kids

Man who needs a "cool chick": I got kid

Man who needs a "cool chick": Bet he is out country

susanlprince: wow, bet that is hard

Man who needs a "cool chick": So can you tell me more about you

susanlprince: I am a Christian and I do my best to live a life holy and pleasing to the Lord.

Man who needs a "cool chick": Thats nice

Man who needs a "cool chick": And me too

susanlprince: How long have you been a Christian?

Man who needs a "cool chick": Ever since i was born

Man who needs a "cool chick": And you

Man who needs a "cool chick": So what church do you attend

susanlprince: Northbrook Church in Three Way

Man who needs a "cool chick": Good

susanlprince: since you were born?

Man who needs a "cool chick": Yes

Man who needs a "cool chick": I broth up in christanity way

susanlprince: Hmmmmm

Man who needs a "cool chick": So what you like in a man

susanlprince: Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?

susanlprince: Do you know what John 3:16 says?

Man who needs a "cool chick": Well not into bible

Man who needs a "cool chick": Bet belive in God

susanlprince: Oh, well, I like a man who is into the Bible

Man who needs a "cool chick": Well you have to lead me into bible

susanlprince: Satan believes in God

Man who needs a "cool chick": No i belive in god and bible

susanlprince: Find one and open it to John 3:16.

Man who needs a "cool chick": Good

Man who needs a "cool chick": I will do

susanlprince: The Bible does not say you are born a Christian

Man who needs a "cool chick": So what do you like in man ?

susanlprince: It says you are born into sin

Man who needs a "cool chick": Waoo

Man who needs a "cool chick": So whyyou not married all this while ?

susanlprince: I like a man who loves the Lord with all his heart, soul, mind and strength.

susanlprince: I'm picky

Man who needs a "cool chick": Thats me

Man who needs a "cool chick": I just got back from iraq last week

susanlprince: how are things over there?

susanlprince: I pray for the troops

Man who needs a "cool chick": Well its very difficiut

susanlprince: I can only imagine

Man who needs a "cool chick": So why didn't you have a kid?

susanlprince: I am not married

susanlprince: never have been

susanlprince: no intimate relations if I am not married.

Man who needs a "cool chick": Ohh

Man who needs a "cool chick": So do you wanna marry somedays

susanlprince: I want to serve the Lord. If He plans for me to marry, then it shall be. If not, then that to, shall be. Either way, He is my first love.

Man who needs a "cool chick": Good thats nice

Man who needs a "cool chick": So have you been to virginia ever once

susanlprince: Yes, on a band trip to DC. We stayed in VA, and visited Virgina Beach.

Man who needs a "cool chick": Good

susanlprince: Well, I am heading out for the day to go to the park. It's a nice day for some Bible study.

susanlprince: Nice chatting with you.

Man who needs a "cool chick": Good

Man who needs a "cool chick": Take care

It became obvious rather quickly that if this person is lookin' for love, he has not found it in me!

* * NOT COMPATIBLE * * AT ALL! **

For the following reasons:
  1. Poor grammer/punctuation and spelling. I can deal with typos while IMing, but not this much. Yes, I have, even through this short conversation, a concern about the level of intelligence of this person.
  2. His profile says he "needs" a "cool chick". Needs? What does that mean?
  3. By his fifth IM, he was already on the "single" thing. I don't know, that just seems like a fast leap, and told me immediately that his purpose in life is finding that "cool chick" he needs, and ASAP!
  4. He wasted no time asking me what I like in a man, and more than once. Maybe I like one that doesn't move this fast!
  5. The fact that he was surprised that I have no kids as a single woman bugged me. THAT is the way it is supposed to be!
  6. He claimed to be a Christian, so I asked a "test question"..."How long have you been a Christian?". He answered "since I was born". I say "errrrrr, wrong answer!"
  7. He doesn't read the Bible and wants me to "lead him to it". Ummmm, nooooo...the man is to be the spiritual leader!
Yep, like I told him when he asked "whyyou not married all this while ?", I'm picky!

No comments:

Post a Comment