Saturday, June 05, 2004

Experiencing God

Northbrook U will be offering Experiencing God, the study by Henry Blackaby, this summer. This is exciting to me!



This will be the third time I start this study. The first time I completed it all the way through and it was so great! I loved each minute of the study. It was fundamental in my early Christian walk because it really helped me understand what it means to build a relationship with Jesus Christ. It taught me how to know God's will, and do God's will, by understanding what a relationship with God is. I learned that if I work on a relationship with Jesus, and keep focusing on that, I can't help but be in God's will. It is not that I totally understand everything there is to know about a relationship with God, or the Person of Jesus Christ, but I did learn some helpful things about growing in that relationship.



A few months after completing the study the first time, I was in a singles group that began the same study. I got through the first hundred or so pages and then moved to TN, so the study ceased and I moved onto to different studies. Experiencing God is so much more interesting and enjoyable to share with a group because you get to share your God experiences as well as listen to others' share theirs.



Now, after five years, I'm beginning the study again. Already I was reminded that Jesus Christ is a person and it is the relationship that I have with the Person of Jesus Christ that is of utmost importance.



My first memory verse: John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."



Nothing. "Apart from me you can do nothing."



Oh, this is going to be great as I rediscover my First Love!







No comments:

Post a Comment